The name of Khara-Murin river is translated from Buryat language as “The black horse”. The river has its source in the mountain lake which is located at an altitude of 1940 m in the central part of Kharmar-Daban mountain range. For sportsmen and desperate fans of rafting, the humid climate and the large catchment area of Khamar-Daban mountains are the perfect conditions for paddling down the river which belongs to the 5th level of difficulty.
- Total length of transfer is 360 km;
- Safety: the route is registered in the Ministry of Emergency Situations;
- Categorization: rapids of 4th level of difficulty;
- Accompaniment: each vessel is accompanied by the instructor
- Upon the preliminary request we can combine the given tour with Whitewater rafting on Irkut river from Anchuk to Shamanka.
Be sure to have a sleeping bag, camping mat, backpack, 2 sets of clothes and spare footwear. Fans of fishing can bring their fishing gear. It is advisable to have the vaccination against tick-borne encephalitis. You can find a full list of necessary equipment in the section EQUIPMENT FOR MOUNTAIN RIVER RAFTING TOURS.
Whitewater rafting is held every weekend!
Two-days whitewater rafting tour (arrival on Friday evening, transfer and meals are included, one night in the tent) -5 000 rub/person; one day whitewater rafting tour (transfer and meals are carried out independently) -2 500 rub/person
Tour program "Whitewater rafting on Khara-Murin river"
Group meeting at 19:00. Departure from Irkutsk to the place of river rafting tour – the bridge through Khara-Murin river (about 170 km).
Setting up the campsite.
Meals according to the tour program: lunch, dinner.
About an hour we go up the trail along the river towards Langutaisky rapid (to move rafting equipment we work together). Before your eyes in all its glory will appear the rapid Langutaisky of 4th level of difficulty. The assembly of catamarans will be carried out on a glade. Lunch. Induction training. Different ways of several passes down the river (depends on water level). Under the left bank, in the central gate, and the most extreme pass – on the right side.
Meals according to the tour program: breakfast, lunch, dinner.
New day is full of new impressions. We continue the rapid ride! Only in a night the water level of this river can rise up or decrease one meter, so when you are back to the rapid place it’s possible not to recognize it!
After lunch we paddle down the river to the base camp, then dismantle catamarans, have some tea and go back to Irkutsk.
Meals according to the tour program: breakfast, lunch.
The price includes:
- Meals according to the tour program - three meals a day (except food in cafe which is at own expense of tourist);
- Water tourism instructor service;
- Accommodation: camping;
- Registration in the Ministry of Emergency Situations;
- Common hiking equipment rentals: 2,3,4-person tents, open tent, campfire cooking equipment, gas camping equipment;
- Whitewater rafting equipment rentals: kayaks (2,3-seater), rafts (6-12-seater), catamarans (2,4-seater), life jackets, helmets, paddles, dry bags;
- All transfers according to the tour program.
The price does not include:
- camping rentals: sleeping bag, backpack, camping mat;
- vaccination/insurance for encephalitis.